Letter #1

 This week was exhausting to say in the least. It was super cool though to finally meet my companion, Elder Eddie, as well as the rest of my district. 


I have a few stories that I wanted to share the first one starting on Tuesday as I was getting ready to board my plane. As I was waiting to board a lady with 2 young kids started talking to me and asked whether I was leaving home or going home which confused me at first because I didn't know what she was talking about. When she said that she was asking about my mission I was kind of surprised, I didn't expect many people in Texas to know what a mission was. When I said leaving home, she replied that she was excited for me and was also a member of the church. We had a great conversation, nothing too special, but it wasn't until after that I realized talking with her helped me feel a lot more comfortable and relaxed. 

The second story happened just right after our conversation as I was getting on the plane. After getting to my seat I realized that I had forgot my water bottle back in the airport. More people had started getting on the plane by that time and there wasn't any room for me to squeeze by to grab my bottle, which was brand new, not even been used yet. I was about to give up when a guy walked up to me with my water bottle in his hand. He said, "hey you left this back there, oh and by the way, good luck on your mission". Again I was surprised and asked if he was a member, to which he said he was. In fact, he was about to head out on his own mission in about a week. 

We didn't get to talk long because the plane was about to take off, but I went back to my seat feeling a lot better about myself and a lot less lonely now that I knew two other members on the plane with me. It really didn't feel like I was flying by myself at all. 

Just like Moroni in the Book of Mormon, writing in definitely not one of my strengths. These experiences seem kinda silly writing them down now, but I could definitely feel the Lord blessing me and giving me the comfort I needed at that time. 

I was super excited to get to the MTC and the first thing that I learned after showing up was that they love to keep you super busy here. We had a little time to unpack before we were off to our first meetings. 

Every day since then feels like there's more and more to do, from classes to teaching appointments to study time.

But I enjoy it and I feel a lot more prepared now than I was even just a week ago. There is a certain spirit here that I haven't felt anywhere else. I am also looking forward to my mission and all the things I'm going to do and the friends I'm going to make. 

Special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Bagley and Aunt Leslie for picking me from the airport and hanging out with me, and for Aunt Sara and Uncle Bob and their family for spending time with me before I had to go to the MTC (the cookies were great too).

Thanks to my family and to my friends, old and new, and to everyone else for helping me and supporting me along the way!

Also here are some pictures from this week, I didn't do a good job of taking pictures so there's not a lot but I'll try to do better for next time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter #25

Letter #24

Letter #44