Letter #18
Hey everybody, how's it going? Hope the New Year is treating yah well.
Nothing too new this week, our spanish lesson canceled, our lesson with Dathon and his family also got canceled. Bummer. We'll get them eventually, keep Dathon and his family in your prayers!
The power did go out though tuesdsy evening which was kinda fun. The Lake Powell dam had some issues and the entire county lost power for a few hours. (That's why the Spanish class canceled). We were out knocking doors when it went out and no one wanted to open their doors and let the warmth out. There was one lady though who offered us a headlamp so we could see where we were going to make it back to the car. Real nice lady. Anyways we decided to lay off and hang out with the other missionaries in the south side of Kanab until the power came back on.
Another thing that is exciting though is that this is the last week of the transfer! This Sunday I'll find out if I'm staying in Kanab or going somewhere else. Hopefully I'm staying, I feel like I just got here. Fingers crossed!
So the past week went kinda slow, people are still sick and holidays haven't completely warn off yet, but it has given me to do some pondering. I've been listening to every talk that our Prophet, Russel M. Nelson, has given (theres like 108), and one stood out to me recently titled Ministering with the Power and Authority of God. In this talk President Nelson describes our responsibility to minister, or friendship, serve, love, etc, other people.
He concludes with his testimony saying, "think of your duty as God’s mighty army to help prepare the world for the Second Coming of the Lord. This is our charge. This is our privilege."
For each and every disciple of Christ in the world, no matter who or where they are, we have a duty to spread His love. I also love President Nelson's use of the word privilege, because it really is a privilege to represent Him. It's a privilege to know of His grace and mercy and to share that knowledge with others. God is love, God is joy, and He wants all of His children to know that.
I know that He loves us and there's always a way that we can share that love with others. The Lord will provide opportunities as we seek Him out and in the process we will feel more joy in our lives as well.
Well, adios mis amigos! Have a great week!
Ps, sorry no pictures from this week either. I'll do better next week!
Comments
Post a Comment